Salary £18,000 per annum,
The Technical Sales Administrator is responsible for providing fast, efficient and accurate administrative support within the sales team at Nexus. The role includes assisting with communications with our clients, prospects and partners on behalf of the IT Sales and Training Sales Consultants and updating the relevant management systems.
Daily tasks will include ensuring the quotation / sales order processes are completed to a high degree of accuracy so good attention to detail whilst multi-tasking effectively is an essential skill to be successful in the role.
The role is focussed on technology, an existing knowledge of hardware components, software licensing and supplier warranties is a distinct advantage but we will offer a continual training program to ensure you have the knowledge needed to work accurately and efficiently. It’s vital that you have an interest in technology.
You will be dealing with customers, providing excellent service and working to deadlines. You will be comfortable with building professional relationships with people over the phone and by email.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A keen interest in technology, a background in IT would be an advantage.
- IT proficient, including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Previous IT administration experience, understanding key concepts of hardware, software, licences, warranties.
- A smart and professional appearance that can cope with a busy demanding environment.
- Good organisation skills where you have multiple tasks in progress at any one time.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A positive, “can do” attitude and work well within a team.
what we're looking for.
We will offer full training but it’s important that you have some key skills:
- Ambitious, innovative, self-motivated
- A well organised, hardworking, pro-active team player
- Friendly, personable and approachable
- Excellent communication skills – being able to successfully explain sometimes complex instructions to customers who have a range of technical understanding
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers, understanding their needs and requirements through effective questioning
- Being able to identify areas of improvement and constructively highlight to the relevant persons
- Being flexible and adaptable in completing a range of duties and tasks
- You must be able to articulate technical detail in a manner that is suitable for the anticipated audience (Customer, Colleague, Manager)
The ability to
- Work as part of a team, prioritise the workload, support calls, understand business impact and allocate / escalate calls if necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working and proposing solutions.
- Proactively identify potential revenue opportunities within existing client base or during performance of general business activity and 3rd party engagement
- Pro-active, resilient and resourceful
- Enjoys a challenge; positive attitude with a high level of enthusiasm and drive
- Manage risks effectively and communicate risks to management
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS.
- Understanding of MS licensing (O365, MOLP/Open Value and CSP Agreements)
- Licensing/Renewals for Dell Technologies, AudioCodes, Veeam, VMware
We strive to provide an environment which allows employees a balance between work and family, with a good range of benefits.
- Competitive salary and sales commission structure
- 23 days' holiday per year (plus bank holidays) rising to 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- We even insist that you take your birthday off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance)
- Opportunities to expand both functional and business capabilities through learning and development
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Cycle to Work (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Nexus group pension plan
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. - No recruitment agencies for this role please!