Base £36,000 - £40,000 per annum, OTE £55,000 - £57,000 (uncapped)
As an IT Sales Consultant (New Business) you will be responsible for the generation of new business revenue and developing existing accounts with the focus being on new business development.
You will be tasked with recommending appropriate solutions based upon qualified requirements to a range of business customers from SME’s to large Enterprise/Corporate and will be expected to deliver against the business strategy leveraging all available product sets across all departments.
You will be targeted around new business activity and will be responsible for generating your own leads, appointments and following up leads from our lead generation activities and marketing campaigns.
This role will suit a proactive and ambitious sales professional with a proven track record in business to business solutions sales gained within the IT or telecoms industry.
The IT Sales Consultant is required to apply both sales and technical knowledge from developing opportunities through to completion of the sale. Although they will require some support from other technical members of staff, they are expected to have a general technical understanding of the solutions that they are providing and can successfully articulate the benefits.
It is essential that the IT Sales Consultant keeps up to date with the latest technologies and maintains technical sales qualifications.
The IT Sales Consultant (New Business) will work with other teams including marketing, new business, and sales support. In addition, they would need to work well with the technical team to define the appropriate solutions.
What does it take to SUCCEED?
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will:
- Understand the concept of strategic solution selling, based on a long-term view and broad understanding of business and market dynamics in the IT industry.
- Have the ability to identify and communicate the specific benefits of our solutions and services to new and existing clients.
- For sales purposes, be able to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Teams and solutions from Dell, VMWare and Veeam.
- Have experience of selling IT Managed Services.
Be friendly and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Have good negotiation skills and be able to demonstrate ability to convert and close prospects in line with sales objectives.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, using a variety of communications systems.
- Be experienced in effectively managing on-going customer relationship businesses across a broad range of industries.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills with experience of managing own time and prioritising own workload.
- Hold a full UK driving licence, provide your own vehicle with insurance for travel to client meetings and business events.
We strive to provide an environment which allows employees a balance between work and family, with a good range of benefits.
- Competitive salary and Sales Commission structure.
- Mileage Allowance – currently 45p per mile (for Business use of own vehicle).
- 23 days Holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 28 days (plus Bank Holidays).
- We even insist that you take your birthday off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance).
- Opportunities to expand both functional and business capabilities through Learning and Development.
- Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice scheme).
- Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice scheme).
- Nexus Group Pension Plan.
- Discounted rates on technology products.
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org