Base £36,000 - £40,000 per annum, OTE £55,000 - £57,000 (uncapped)
This is a technical sales role that represents the first step in the sales cycle whether on-boarding new customers or developing existing relationships. You will be expected to deliver against the business strategy leveraging all available product sets across all departments.
As an IT Sales Consultant, you will be required to apply both sales and technical knowledge developing opportunities and seeing them through to completion of the sale. Although you will require some support from other technical members of staff, you are expected to have a general technical understanding of the solutions that Nexus provide and have the ability to successfully articulate the benefits.
It is essential that the successful candidate keeps up to date with the latest technologies and maintains technical sales qualifications.
The IT Sales Consultant will work alongside other teams including marketing, new business, and sales support. In addition, you will need to work well with the technical team to define the appropriate solutions.
What does it take to SUCCEED?
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will:
- Understand the concept of strategic selling based on a long term view and broad understanding of business and market dynamics.
- Be able to make sound decisions based on upon the understanding and interpretation of technical and financial information.
- For sales purposes, be able to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Teams and solutions from Dell, VMWare and Veeam.
- Have a proven track record in selling unified communication and collaboration systems and solutions.
- Be able to match the specific benefits of our ideas and services to viable solutions for our customers.
- Have experience of selling IT managed services.
- Have experience in effectively developing and managing positive customer relationships across a broad range of industries.
Have good negotiation skills and be able to demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, using a variety of communications systems.
- Hold a full UK driving licence, provide your own vehicle with insurance for travel to client meetings and business events.
We strive to provide an environment which allows employees a balance between work and family, with a good range of benefits.
- Competitive salary and Sales Commission structure.
- Mileage Allowance – currently 45p per mile (for Business use of own vehicle).
- 23 days Holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 28 days (plus Bank Holidays).
- We even insist that you take your birthday off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance).
- Opportunities to expand both functional and business capabilities through Learning and Development.
- Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice scheme).
- Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice scheme).
- Nexus Group Pension Plan.
- Discounted rates on technology products.
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org