£25,000 per annum, OTE £35,000+ (uncapped)
As an Internal Sales Executive, you will be responsible for the generation of new business revenue and developing existing accounts with the focus being on new business development.
We need a confident, ambitious, sales professional in our Exeter team supporting our IT Sales Consultants and New Business development consultants. As an Internal Sales Executive, you should be someone who can use multiple channels to identify and prospect new business opportunities.
You will be targeted around new business activity and will be responsible for generating your own leads, appointments and following up leads from our lead generation activities and marketing campaigns.
If you’re self-motivated, keen to develop into an external facing role and grow with a company in a fast-paced sector – this may be the opportunity for you.
what do we expect from you?
- To support our strategic objectives for regional expansion by prospecting for new clients, predominantly around Bristol and surrounding areas in the South and South West.
- To target new business opportunities within a variety of markets – support IT Consultants in planning, delivering and following up on direct marketing activities in key regions.
- Using a variety of communication methods to develop a new business pipeline through personal lead sourcing.
- Have the ability to identify decision makers, professionally chase and close leads.
- To grow and develop relationships with prospects.
- Proposals & bids – create the first draft of standard proposals and support the development of formal bids and presentations.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients, helping to maintain a list of priority clients and support the IT Consultants in developing these relationships.
- You may be required to travel to meet clients where appropriate
- Deliver clear and concise presentations to new and existing clients.
- Build and maintain your knowledge of all our solutions and be clear in understanding the benefits and business case whilst consulting with potential customers.
- Attend periodic product sales training where applicable.
- Actively research new products and markets to aid new business sales.
- Align customer requirements with our strategic products and services to provide best in class solutions.
- Support marketing and events that promote our business activities and generate and attend new business events.
- Meet all targets set for new business revenue, outbound lead generation, customer appointments, sales revenue and profits.
- Ensure attendance of sales meetings where you will share performance figures and objectives whilst participating in discussion relating to our strategic direction.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Collaborate with all necessary departments to ensure the best advice is given to our customers.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with all decision makers of won business accounts.
- Ensure all documentation and processes are completed to a standard as required by the business
- Use systems and process as required by the business through the entire sales cycle to enable the capture of all information associated with the sale including accurate current sales and forecasting information.
- Ensure the customer has been on-boarded with the correct contractual terms of business during a sale.
- Support the desired culture of continuous improvement (business and people) and knowledge management.
What does it take to succeed?
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will:
- Be driven, ambitious and aspire to work in the IT industry – previous exposure to the IT sector would be advantageous.
- Have experience in a similar new business focused role.
- Have experience using multiple channels to prospect and identify new business, including telephone, email, networking events and social media.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with good proof reading and editing skills a must.
- Hold a full UK driving licence, provide your own vehicle with insurance for travel to client meetings and business events.
benefits of working for us
In return, we offer you:
- Competitive salary and sales commission structure.
- Mileage Allowance – currently 45p per mile (for business use of own vehicle).
- 23 days holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 28 days (plus Bank Holidays).
- Birthday day off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance).
- Opportunities to expand both functional and business capabilities through Learning and Development
- Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Nexus Group Pension Plan
- Discounted rates on technology products