Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution 1024 being the most critical.
All of the courses, including this one, which make up the five-day, 'Fast Track' suite of courses share the same, rolling scenario.
This course, in common with its companion courses, uses structured Walkthroughs throughout each module to put into practice what has just been introduced by the trainer. There's also a Lab at the end of each module with 'high-level' requirements as well as detailed, step-by-step instructions.
A number of the modules in the Fast Track set of courses incorporate a 'Stretch Yourself' lab for more advanced delegates or for those who simply work at a faster rate than other delegates.
After each module's labs, a set of questions are posed to test delegates' understanding of the material introduced in the module.
On completion, delegates will learn how to:
- Drive an end-to-end Sales Process from the identification of Leads to the fulfilment of Orders.
- To build a Product Catalog using Product Families to arrange Products and Bundles into structured groups, and to define Product Properties and Relationships to aid the Sales Process.
- To create Price Lists, allowing flexible pricing structures across single or multiple currencies.
- To revise Quotes to maximise an Opportunity.
- As Opportunities are created, Quotes prepared, Invoices and Orders raised, Delegates will learn how to add and remove Products, Lock and Unlock prices
Analytics will be supported by a specific module covering Views, Reports, and Charts. Goal Management will be addressed in a module covering Metrics, individual, team and organisation Goals.
Module One: Introduction to Sales Management
- Start the Sales Process.
- Create and Qualify a Lead.
- Create a Competitor record and associated Sales Literature
The first module introduces the rolling scenario used through this course. This scenario is extended in the companion Service Management course. These two courses, taken together, make up the set of CRM 'Applications' courses that can be packaged with the CRM 2 Customisation and Configuration course into a five-day 'Fast Track' experience
In this module, delegates will learn how to:
- Create a Competitor record.
- Build a Subject Tree for classification purposes.
- Create a Sales Literature record.
- Use Quick Create forms to generate a Lead.
Lab: Create and Qualify a Lead.
Module Two: Opportunity Management
- Advance the Sales Process by creating Opportunities.
- Understand how to assign Opportunities.
- Learn how to use Opportunity Views.
The second module examines the different ways in which Opportunities can be created and how they're related to Customers, the Product Catalog, and Crm Users. Activities are introduced in the context of an ongoing series of customer interactions using various channels. The Competitor created in module one is attached to an Opportunity. The consequences of closing an Opportunity are discussed and the sequence of new activities, attached to an Opportunity can be examined.
Lab: Quick-Create a new Opportunity
Module Three: Establishing the Product Catalog
- Establish Unit Groups, Pricing Structures and Volume Discounts for the Product Catalog.
- Set up Product Families, including Bundles.
- Create groups of Properties at Family level and use these properties to describe individual Products.
- Incorporate suggestions for Cross-Selling, Upselling, Substitute and Accessory sales into Opportunity records.
The third module examines the central role the Product Catalog occupies in successful Sales Management using Dynamics CRM. Products can be grouped and arranged into Product Families. They can be classified by Product Properties allowing precision when describing particular items to a Customer and they can be related, each to the others giving the salesperson the ability to cross-sell related products; to up-sell to a 'premium' version of a product; to suggest a substitute, or an accessory product.
There are Walkthroughs throughout the module, designed to step delegates through important topics:
- Establishing Territories for salespeople.
- Setting up a Discount List.
- Creating Unit Groups.
- Define Product Properties.
- Tailor the properties for a specific product or product group.
- Customise the Product form.
- Create Price Lists.
- Add Products to an Opportunity.
- Put together a Product Bundle.
- Clone existing Products.
- Create opportunities for cross-selling, up-selling, substitute and accessory sales.
Lab One: Create and visualise a Product Family.
Lab Two: Override Product Properties.
Lab Three: Complete a set of Product Relationships
Module Four: Order Processing
- Demonstrate how to add line items to an opportunity.
- Create a Quote from an Opportunity.
- Enable multiple currencies.
- Use Microsoft Dynamics CRM to create and edit Quotes, Orders, and Invoices.
This module looks into the ease with which multiple price lists can be established and maintained by CRM. As a number of organisations work across different currency zones, we examine the impact of other currencies on price calculations across price lists.
Walkthroughs in this module include:
- Adding a Currency field to Product records to allow their sale in different currencies.
- Establishing Territory Relationships for Price Lists.
- Cloning to create a Product for a specific Price List.
- Create a Quote from an Opportunity.
- Generate an Order from a Quote.
- Raise an Invoice from an Order.
- Lab One: Establishing a non-Sterling Price List.
- Lab Two: An end-to-end Sale outside of the Sterling currency zone.
Module Five: Establishing Goals
- Create new Goal Metrics.
- Establish Individual, Team and Organisation Goals.
Walkthroughs in module five include:
- Create a new Goal Metric with an 'Actual' Rollup value.
- Create and manage individual Goals.
- Create and manage Team Goals.
Lab: Create a Parent/Child Goal.
Module Six: Analysing Sales
- Present significant sales information using Lists, Views, and Charts.
- Analyse sales productivity by examining Sales Reports.
- Create and share personal charts and system charts.
- Work with and create dashboards
Walkthroughs in the final module include:
- Exporting a Pivot Table to Excel.
- Viewing existing Charts and Dashboards.
- Creating a Chart.
Lab: Create a new Sales Dashboard.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Please note: Before attending this class delegates must have a Microsoft account signing up one is free. The instructions on how to set up a Microsoft account can be found here.