Cyber Crisis Management and Response training provides the vital skills for your business leaders and specialists to lead and manage a cyber crisis. A crisis is different from the typical 'emergencies' that business continuity scenarios help prepared organisations for. When an organisation is thrown into crisis due to a cyber incident they are forced to deal with multiple 'known - unknowns' throughout the entire business, its workforce and supply chain.
Attribution, commercial consequences and service impact are dynamic factors at the heart of a cyber crisis, different to normal process driven crisis response plans. Many of your stakeholders may not share the same goals or priorities when dealing with a cyber crisis.
The course is designed for service managers, crisis managers, continuity leaders involved in responding to cyber crisis across an organisation. This includes staff involved in:
- Strategic decision making
- Information security
- Enterprise risk management
- Continuity services
- Service management
- HR / people management
- Cyber risk assessments
- Commercial impact assessment
- Co-ordination of cyber response
- Press & Media liaison
- Inter-departmental SME liaison
- Management of cyber breach timeline
- Cyber incident impact declaration
- Supply chain management
- Business impact analysis - Identify your key business processes, people, systems and dependencies, and the impact their interruption would have on the business
- Risk assessment - Plan and design simulations to test your plans and systems that will help your people to develop the knowledge and skills they need to manage crises
- Identify the risks and threats to your business, your people, reputation, customers, property and other assets
- Strategies - Investigate and develop strategies for recovery before any serious impact is suffered
- Document planning - Prepare strategies, design crisis management structures and create clear lines of escalation and communications
- Learn to manage a cyber crisis - In the event of an breach or cyber-attack, the impact, costs and reputational damage
- Learn how to take control of a cyber-crisis when it happens, through a series of practical exercises based on realistic scenarios.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course, however, participants are expected to have a general understanding of cyber threats and risk management.
Two days of customer-specific engagement are required before the delivery of this course to ensure that it can be tailored for the needs of the organisation and its stakeholders.