The Certified Agile Tester CAT certificate was launched by the International Software Quality Institute iSQI to offer the leading, internationally- recognised Agile certification for software testers working in an Agile project environment or those interested in Agile, such as managers, Scrum masters and developers.
The Certified Agile Tester certificate forms part of our software testing certification portfolio and career path, and is aligned with SFIA/SFIAplus Skills Framework for the Information Age.
The certificate is awarded to successful delegates who complete a 5 day training course which features practical exercises, continuous soft skills assessment throughout the training, followed by theoretical and practical exams. Designed as a very interactive course, delegates have the opportunity to discuss and share their experiences with others and to extend their knowledge of testing in agile projects. Practical exercises based on a complete agile life cycle are used to help delegates to put learning and their knowledge in to practice throughout the course.
Please note: This course includes the use of PC's to support the learning exercises and assessments throughout the training, as well as being used for the Examination. Should you wish to run this course at your own premises, then PC's must be provided for each delegate.
® The Certified Agile Tester scheme is a trademark of iSQI.
Delegates should choose Certified Agile Tester if they are:
- Moving into an Agile project performing testing activities
- Already performing testing activities in an Agile project and wish to increase their effectiveness
- Interested in the testing activities within Agile, such as Managers, SCRUM Masters and Developers
The examination is separated into three different parts:
- A soft skills assessment on capacity for teamwork 10%
- An written exam to demonstrate profound theoretical knowledge 45%
- A practical exam where testing skills are put to the test 45%
The pass mark is 65% over all three assessments and candidates must also obtain 50% in each of the three elements of the examination.
Delegates who have a disability or whose first language is not English will normally be allowed an additional 15 minutes extra time.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind the Agile approach to software development
- Differentiate between the testing role in Agile projects and the role of testers in non-Agile projects
- Positively contribute as an Agile team member focused on testing
- Appreciate the challenges and difficulties associated with the non-testing activities performed in an Agile team
- Demonstrate a range of soft skills required by Agile team members
Everyday: Daily Scrum and Soft Skills Assessment
Day 1: History and Terminology: Agile Manifesto, Principles and Methods
Day 2: Planning, Requirements, Estimation and Strategy
Day 3: Developer Context, Testing and Retrospectives
Day 4: Test Driven Development, Test Automation and Non-Functional
Day 5: Practical Assessment and Written Exam
There are no formal requirements for entry to the training course, although delegates are highly recommended to have taken the BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation course.
Delegates who are interested in Certified Agile Tester should also be familiar with the following about testing:
- Test Design - EP / BVA / State Transition / Decision tables / Exploratory
- Basic Test Terminology
- Understand the difference between functional and non-functional testing including the basic concepts of Performance and Usability testing
- Performing all the activities associated with the fundamental test process.
Delegates will be issued with a iSQI Candidate Registration form during the booking process which needs to be completed and returned to Nexus 2 weeks before the start of the course for exam registration.
Please note: iSQI's Certified Agile Tester CAT consists of highly interactive, hands-on training designed to put learning into practice. Participation in the 4 day CAT training course is a mandatory prerequisite for taking the exam. Direct entry to the exam without course attendance is not permitted.