A Certified Agile Service Manager CASM is the operational counterpart to a Certified Scrum Master CSM. Working together, Scrum Masters and Agile Service Managers can instill agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
This sixteen 16 hour course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management - the application and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT's effectiveness and efficiency, and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
Successfully passing 65% the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate's designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; exams are delivered through an independent, global examination partner.
ABOUT THE DEVOPS INSTITUTE
The DevOps Institute is the continuous learning community around emerging DevOps practices. Working with recognized thought leaders and strategic examination partner PEOPLECERT, the DevOps Institutes is setting the quality standard for DevOps competency based qualifications. For more information about DOI, visit http://www.devopsinstitute.com.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager CASM include an understanding of:
- What it means to 'be agile'
- The Agile Manifesto, it's core values and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps Scrum roles, artifacts and events as it applies to both products and processes
The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
- Agile Process Improvement-ensuring processes are lean and deliver 'just enough' control
- Agile Process Design-applying Agile practices to process design projects
COURSE/ STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Sixteen 16 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide and Scrum Guide pre-class resources
- Learner Manual excellent post-class reference
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Familiarity with IT service management processes and ITIL® is recommended
- Anyone interested in learning about Agile and Scrum from a products and process perspective
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers Process stakeholders