Please note: Effective August 3rd 2018 this course has been renamed from 'XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Management with App Layering, WEM, and HDX' to 'Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Advanced management with App Layering, WEM and HDX'. Course content remains the same.
Get more value out of your XenApp and XenDesktop investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Application Layering, and advanced features. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-zone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX. You’ll gain the skills to improve logon times, user personalization, and resource performance through Workspace Environment Management. Also, learn to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and deploying App Layers with XenApp and XenDesktop.
Is this course for you?
Built for experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects responsible for the end user workspace, app and desktop images, and overall health and performance of the solution.
Citrix Versions Covered:
This course is currently on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.
*Associated exam for this course to be announced leading to the CCP-V certification. This course partially prepares students for the exam along with the CXD-304. Alternatively, students may attend the CXD-310 which corresponds with all materials on the exam.
What you’ll learn:
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- Understand Zones in XenApp and XenDesktop and how to account for user and desktop locations and optimal connection and registration
- How to build and manage App Layers to minimize image sprawl with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Understand and configure HDX channels and protocols for improved performance delivering multimedia and data over network connections
- Understand user connection flows and tools to better troubleshoot end user issues
Module 1: Intermediate Site Architecture
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Multi-zone VDA registration
- Zone preference
Module 2: Workspace Environment Management WEM Extended Module
- Introduction to WEM
- Optimizing resource consumption on VDA hosts
- Managing the end-user experience with WEM
- Moving to WEM
Module 3: StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- StoreFront branding
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
Module 4: HDX and Multimedia
- HDX in the network
- Enlightened Data Protocol EDT
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 5: App Layering Full day module
- App Layering Introduction
- Layering Architecture
- Creating Layers
- App Layering Maintenance
Module 6: Supporting and Troubleshooting
- Session Launch
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC Training.Citrix.com account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address rather than company email to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Strong foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration.