This 2-day instructor-led, hands-on course builds upon the basic deployments course by presenting you with more challenging real-world deployments such as client mobility between subnets, high client density deployments, and mesh network deployments. You will be trained on how to make network design decisions about, configure, and troubleshoot WLANs with these challenges. The format of the course allows you and the instructor to explore realistic use cases and best practices around more challenging deployment scenarios. The course is written at software code level 7.5.
This course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer or administrator that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
Please note - To attend the Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs and Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs back to back in the same week, please book onto .
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the steps involved in client mobility at layer 2 and the differences involved in client mobility at layer 3.
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user experience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario.
- Differentiate the operational characteristics of, and implement, a wireless MESH architecture.
Module 1 - Client Mobility
- Same Subnet Roaming
- Inter-subnet Mobility
Module 2 - High Density Deployment Challenges
- Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Lab - Examine the Relationship between Duty Cycle,
- Data Rates and Channel Utilization
- Planning for Areas of High Client Density
Module 3 - Implementing Mesh Network
- Describe Wireless Mesh Networks
- Mesh Network Formation Process
- Implementing a Mesh Network for the Enterprise
- Configuring Advanced Mesh Features
- Troubleshooting a Mesh Network
- Lab - Implementing and Indoor Wireless Mesh Network
PrerequisitesPrior to taking this course you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Prior completion of Defining Cisco Wireless LAN
- Essentials course and Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs
- Cisco Unified Wireless Networking course
- Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials course, or equivalent experience
- Basic networking
- Basic wireless LAN networking
- RF/Wireless field experience