Learn to secure your Citrix environment in this hands-on course that encompasses the core Citrix technologies, including XenApp and XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile, and Citrix Cloud. Explore potential security gaps in your environment and learn how to mitigate these through a comprehensive look at the Citrix technologies. Topics include application and data security, Citrix authentication, authorization, and auditing workflows, operating system hardening, mitigation against network vulnerabilities, hypervisor security, and methods to secure Citrix traffic.
Is this course for you?
Built for IT Professionals familiar with the following products XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, and/or ShareFile. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects interested in securing a Citrix environment.
Citrix Technologies Covered:
- XenApp/XenDesktop 7.13
- NetScaler 12.0
- XenMobile 10.5
- Citrix Cloud
What you’ll learn:
- Understand Citrix authentication and authorization workflows with multifactor authentication
- Identify methods for desktop and application hardening with registry and policy lockdowns
- Identify network attacks and learn how to protect your network and mobile environment
- Learn to optimize monitoring and operations with Citrix leading security practices
Networking Days 1-2
- Module 1: NetScaler Network Topology and SSL Offload
- Module 2: NetScaler Gateway Authentication and Authorization
- Module 3: NetScaler Application Firewall Overview
- Module 4: NetScaler Attacks and Protections
Mobility Day 3
- Module 5: XenMobile Introduction
- Module 6: XenMobile NetScaler Integration
- Module 7: XenMobile Encryption
- Module 8: XenMobile Server Console
- Module 9: Managing Security
- Module 10: Secure Apps
- Module 11: ShareFile Introduction
- Module 12: StorageZones
- Module 13: ShareFile NetScaler Integration
- Module 14: Authentication
- Module 15: Data Loss Prevention
Virtualization Days 4-5
- Module 16: Securing Traffic in a XenApp/XenDesktop environment
- Module 17: Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods for XenApp and XenDesktop
- Module 18: Improving App and Data Security
- Module 19: Implementing XenApp/XenDesktop Operating System Hardening
- Module 20: Hypervisor Security
- Module 21: Monitoring and Operations
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC Training.Citrix.com account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address rather than company email to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Citrix recommends students have basic understanding, and hands-on experience with installing and configuring XenApp, XenDesktop, Citrix Cloud, NetScaler, XenMobile, or ShareFile.
Recommended courses, or equivalent field experience, include knowledge of the topics covered in:
- CXD-210 XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration
- CNS-220 Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management or CNS-222 Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway
- CXM-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile
- CSF-201 Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Essentials
- CXD-250 Moving to XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud