All Citrix courses that align to certification come with a “free” exam voucher. Delegates attending Citrix courses must have a Citrix TCC training.citrix.com account, this is where you access your e-courseware and labs.
On completion of the course Citrix will automatically provision the delegate’s TCC account with an electronic Pearson Vue exam voucher which is valid for 12 months from point of issue.
Designed for students with little previous ShareFile experience. Learn the skills required to implement ShareFile components including the ShareFile for Windows client, XenApp and XenDesktop client, and StorageZones. Learn to integrate ShareFile with key backend elements including Microsoft ADFS for single sign-on and understand the data flow behind it. Also learn to navigate the ShareFile control plane user interface. At the end of the course students will be able to configure and manage their ShareFile environments to address their Enterprise File Sharing and Sync requirements.
Students looking to deploy or manage ShareFile in their XenApp and XenDesktop environment will find Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Essentials to be a good compliment to CXD-203 Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, or CXD-300 Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6.
After completion of this course, students looking to expand their knowledge around ShareFile use in a XenMobile environment may consider taking course CXM-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile. It covers broad XenMobile topics and focuses on the use of ShareFile within a Mobility Environment using XenMobile as the Identity Provider IdP, for single sign-on.
Students interested in learning how to implement ShareFile features using leading practices. Specifically:
- Implementers / Engineers
The course utilizes the latest ShareFile component versions and includes new Citrix Education deliverable formats:
- A lab guide based on a Microsoft Word document with descriptive learning objectives for each exercise
- eCourseware including a variety of videos reviewing key concepts and demonstrating challenging configuration steps
- Environmental component including NetScaler 11, XenServer to 6.5.1, StorageZone Server 3.4, ShareFile UMT 1.7.6, and License Server 22.214.171.124
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Understand ShareFile architecture
- Navigate the ShareFile administration interface
- Build StorageZones
- Manage ShareFile users in an Active Directory environment
- Integrate ShareFile in an existing Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment
- Deploy ShareFile Clients on Windows physical and virtual desktops
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook using a ShareFile Plug-in
- Monitor and Troubleshooting a ShareFile Environment
Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing EFSS Overview
- Enterprise Document Sharing Use Cases
- Software as a Service SaaS and Cloud concepts
- EFSS Legal Basics
- Control Plane
- Data Storage Options Azure, Amazon, Enterprise
- Security File Encryption, Password Policy, DLP Overview
- Folder Administration
- Advanced Preferences
- Manual User setup
- Components data flow
- Restricted Zones Overview
- Connectors Overview CIFS, SharePoint
- ShareFile User Management UMT Tool
- Security Assertion Markup Language SAML Overview
- ShareFile Authentication
- Windows and XenDesktop and XenApp Client
- Mobile Clients
- Outlook Plug-in
- Getting Started
- File Management
- Preference Customization
Troubleshooting and Management
- Authentication and Access Issues
- Component upgrade
- Component monitoring
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC Training.Citrix.com account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address rather than company email to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Recommended pre-requisite courses:
- CXD-103 Citrix XenDesktop 7 Tips and Tricks
- CXD-203 - Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
- CXD-300 - Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Windows Server administration
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Basic Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Basic Networking