The aim of good management is to provide services to your stakeholder groups in an appropriate, efficient, equitable, and sustainable manner. This can only be achieved if key resources for service provision including human resources, finances, hardware and processes are brought together at the point of service delivery and are carefully synchronised. There is no question that good leadership and management can have a truly significant impact on organisational performance, both in the immediate and longer term, and, having the skills in a variety of these areas, will give you the confidence to lead your team through the spectrum of management challenges that can arise.
This programme is highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, validated tools of self-assessment, case studies and group work. It promotes reflective review, and encourages you to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace.
Programme duration approx. 18 months, consisting of pre course work, 14.5 days’ classroom training, and completion of nine assignments to attain this qualification. Attending all the programme is mandatory to attain the relevant number of hours of study for this qualification.
- Increase your awareness of and access a wider range of leadership styles
- Develop powerful and authentic communication skills
- Understand the importance of trust and how it is underpinned by accountability
- Increase your self-awareness and self-management
- Improve your understanding of the impact of your behaviour on others
- Improve working in geographically dispersed and virtualised teams
- Improve your decision making and problem solving
- Improve your planning, organisation and prioritisation
While you don't need any formal qualifications to enroll on this programme, you'll benefit from it the most if you're a practicing or potential manager with at least two years full-time or three years part-time work experience.