Developing on AWS helps developers understand how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications. The course provides in-depth knowledge about how to interact with AWS using code and covers key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
This course is intended for:
- Intermediate-level software developers
This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led training
- Hands-on labs
This course teaches you how to:
- Use the AWS SDK to interact with AWS services and develop solutions.
- Use Amazon Simple Storage Service Amazon S3 and Amazon DynamoDB as data stores.
- Integrate applications and data by using Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service Amazon SQS, Amazon Simple Notification Service Amazon SNS, and Amazon Simple Workflow Service Amazon SWF.
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management IAM for service authentication.
- Use Web Identity Framework and Amazon Cognito for user authentication.
- Use Amazon ElastiCache and Amazon CloudFront to improve application scalability.
- Deploy applications by using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
This course covers the following concepts:
Day 1: Building the Foundation
- Introduction to Developing on AWS
- Choosing a Data Store
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
Day 2: Connecting Applications and Data with Event-Driven Processing
- Working with Events
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon Kinesis Streams
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and Amazon SNS
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Lambda
Day 3: Developing and Deploying Secure, Scalable Applications
- Developing Secure Applications
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Monitoring Your Application and AWS Resources with Amazon CloudWatch
- Deploying Applications with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation
Attendees should have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with AWS services
- A working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net, or Python