You will create complex illustrations, manage colour across a range of devices, work with graphs and variables, control how illustrations appear on print and the web, and preview them on mobile devices.
This course is intended for designers, publishers, prepress professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities, who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents. They will have some previous experience with Illustrator.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create complex illustrations.
- enhance complex illustrations.
- create a vector version of a raster graphic.
- create special effects.
- work with graphs.
- work with variables.
- prepare documents for composite and commercial printing.
- export graphics for the web and mobile devices.
Lesson 1: Creating Complex Illustrations
- Topic 1A: Create a Custom Shape Using Simple Shapes
- Topic 1B: Create Perspective Drawings
- Topic 1C: Create Compound Paths
- Topic 1D: Offset Paths
- Topic 1E: Erase Shapes
Lesson 2: Enhancing Complex Illustrations
- Topic 2A: Organize Objects with Layers
- Topic 2B: Create Symbols
- Topic 2C: Create a Pattern Swatch
- Topic 2D: Create a Mesh
- Topic 2E: Create Custom Brushes
- Topic 2F: Apply Colour Using Live Paint
- Topic 2G: Recolour Artwork
Lesson 3: Creating a Vector Version of a Raster Graphic
- Topic 3A: Trace Artwork
- Topic 3B: Adjust the Results of Tracing
- Topic 3C: Create a Custom Preset
- Topic 3D: Convert a Traced Object to Paths
Lesson 4: Creating Special Effects
- Topic 4A: Apply Effects
- Topic 4B: Create Masks
- Topic 4C: Simplify Paths
- Topic 4D: Create Blends
- Topic 4E: Share Graphic Styles
- Topic 4F: Create 3D Effects
Lesson 5: Working with Graphs
- Topic 5A: Create a Graph
- Topic 5B: Format a Graph
Lesson 6: Working with Variables
- Topic 6A: Create Variables
- Topic 6B: Create Data Sets
Lesson 7: Outputting Documents
- Topic 7A: Set Up Colour Management
- Topic 7B: Preview an Overprint
- Topic 7C: Apply Spot Colours
- Topic 7D: Print a Composite Proof
- Topic 7E: Create Colour Separations
- Topic 7F: Create an Adobe PDF File
Lesson 8: Exporting Graphics for the Web and Mobile Devices
- Topic 8A: Convert Colours to Web-Safe Colours
- Topic 8B: Work with Actions
- Topic 8C: Export a File as an SWF File
- Topic 8D: Create Slices
- Topic 8E: Add Interactivity to an SVG File
- Topic 8F: Preview an Illustration for Mobile Devices
Before taking this course, you should complete the Adobe® Illustrator® CS5: Level 1 course, or have equivalent knowledge.