Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics. Adobe® InDesign® CS6 has all the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it, whether it be in print or on the web.
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe® InDesign® CS6 to create and deliver professional-looking printed and digital documents.
- Identify the elements of the InDesign interface.
- Create a new document.
- Customize a document by using graphics, colours, and styles.
- Manage page elements.
- Build a table.
- Prepare a document for delivery.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with InDesign
- Topic A: Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Topic B: Customize the InDesign Interface
- Topic C: Use the Navigation Controls
- Topic D: Set Preferences
Lesson 2: Designing a Document
- Topic A: Create a New Document
- Topic B: Add Text to a Document
- Topic C: Add Graphics to a Document
Lesson 3: Customizing a Document
- Topic A: Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Topic B: Apply Colours, Swatches, and Gradients
- Topic C: Create and Apply Styles
Lesson 4: Working with Page Elements
- Topic A: Arrange and Align Objects
- Topic B: Use Layers
- Topic C: Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Topic D: Thread Text Frames
- Topic E: Edit Text
Lesson 5: Building Tables
- Topic A: Create a New Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table Structure
- Topic C: Format a Table
Lesson 6: Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Topic A: Resolve Errors in a Document
- Topic B: Print a Document
- Topic C: Package a Document
- Topic D: Export Files for Printing
- Topic E: Export Files for the Web
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the functions of your computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving files, and saving files.