TwoFour Group wanted to upgrade their current computing infrastructure, utilise virtualisation technology and consolidate their data storage.
A broadcast television company and digital agency rolled into one, Twofour produces and delivers compelling creative content in a multi-platform world.
Nexus were selected to help Twofour to upgrade their core enterprise scale computing systems and improve their data storage capabilities. The project was a great success and included the following key highlights:
- Detailed capacity planning report by Nexus accredited VMware engineers to determine estimates for the organisations future data storage and systems performance requirements
- Recommended a VMware vSphere environment running on Dell PowerEdge R610 server hardware and a tiered Dell EqualLogic SAN solution consisting of PS4000XV and PS4000E SANs
- Significant decrease in datacentre real-estate and complexity
- Significant increase in datacentre resilience
- The cost savings for this virtualisation project when compared to the existing physical environment are estimated to be over £54,000 per year
- Savings on energy alone is estimated to be over £14,700 per year
- Implementation of Veeam Backup and Replication for vSphere infrastructures to further improve DR capabilities
- Ongoing support services through Nexus Telephone Helpdesk contract and Retained Technical Services (RTS)
Dave Trelfa, Head of IT at Twofour commented “I Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help today. As always I thought you really went the extra mile…