Through the merger of Over Taylor Biggs and Eveling Legal & Advisory Ltd., the resultant practice OTB Eveling LLP needed to relocate to new offices and enlisted Nexus to ensure a smooth merger and migration of their IT systems.
Over Taylor Biggs was established in 1993, primarily as a commercial practice. Their offices were based on a business park, the first legal practice in the South West to do so. Success led to relocation in 2002 within Matford Business Park, Exeter. Eveling Legal & Advisory Ltd. was a niche legal practice based in Southernhay, Exeter that provided advice across a range of corporate and commercial matters.
The merger of these two practices resulted in the creation of OTB Eveling LLP, a specialist law firm providing legal services in three principal practice areas: Corporate; Litigation and Property. The new practice offers a results-focused but collaborative service to businesses, owners and investors.
Nexus were engaged to assist the practices with the merger by providing project management and technical services to conduct the relocation and systems integration of all ICT related equipment.
The project team from Nexus met with key personnel from both practices to discuss the technical and logistical aspects of the merger. Key phases and milestones were identified for the delivery of the required relocation and migration work. The project was planned to cause minimum operational impact to the businesses, with preparation tasks completed ahead of the actual office move.
The project was delivered successfully and on time. Nexus systems engineers carried out the following key tasks for the OTB Eveling LLP relocation and merger:
- Preparation of ICT environment and project planning for merger and relocation
- Wireless survey, recommendations and subsequent deployment of new wireless network
- Physical relocation of existing infrastructure to new office
- Integration of Eveling Legal & Advisory Ltd. data and hardware into the existing OTB computing and communication environment
- Reconfiguration of email and network domain to reflect rebranding of the new business
- Coordination of telephony and data connection installations
- Creation of project and hand over documentation
Nexus technical personnel worked over a weekend to complete all necessary stages of the relocation project, this enabled OTB Eveling LLP to begin business on Monday in their new premises following a seamless transition from two disparate ICT environments.