Highly competitive salary,
In order to successfully fulfil this position you must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner and have a solid understanding of Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business. You will form part of a team that provides UC installations and assistance in resolving technical issues for customers.
What do YOU need?
You need to be interested in:
- Providing remote and onsite technical support to customers and internal staff.
- Providing support on all issues passed to you either as part of a project or from Service Desk.
- Acting as an escalation point for issues raised either by other UC team members or Service Desk.
- Taking responsibility for your own workload, responding to customers within agreed SLAs and working to achieve efficient and timely resolutions.
- Establishing whether a call is beyond your skillset and requires escalating.
- Providing mentoring and support to junior members of the UC team.
- Assisting in product evaluations where required.
- Involvement with sales events i.e. delivery of webinars or personal assistance prior to/during events.
- Providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Reviewing and measuring ongoing work assignments taking appropriate action as required to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities.
- Building and maintaining supportive working relationships within your function and cross functionally.
- Producing initial solution designs for customers & accompanying documentation.
- Providing accurate time-recording and detailed supporting information for all work you carry out, using the systems provided.
- Supporting the desired culture of continuous improvement.
Our shopping list of what we'd like to see from you
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will possess:
- Experience in the specification, design and deployment of a range of core products
- The ability to make sound decisions on short and longer term priorities
- The ability to match the specific benefits of our ideas and services to viable solutions for our customers
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate sound communication skills using a variety of platforms
skills essential for success in this role
- Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business administration and support.
- Audiocodes/Sonus Sessions Border Controllers administration and support.
- Competent in working with SSL Certificates.
- Load balancing technologies administration and support.
- Competent in server administration, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server and accompanying roles such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Group Policy, SQL, RRAS.
- Administration and support of cloud solutions such as Office 365.
- Competent networking administration and troubleshooting skills in switching, routers and firewalls.
- Comfortable with installation of windows updates and service packs on servers whilst assessing business impact and risks associated with carrying out such work.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and pick up calls already in progress.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to support customers remotely over the phone.
- Ability to identify presales opportunity and provide feedback to Nexus sales teams.
- A Full UK driving license is required and own car with Business Insurance for onsite work.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Exchange administration and support.
- Microsoft SharePoint administration and support.
- Microsoft Office 365 migration and deployment experience.
- Some knowledge of VMware & Hyper-V administration and support.
- Familiarity with SANs and accompanying technologies.
- Familiarity with Backup solutions, strategies and restoring data. (Backup Exec, Veeam.)
- Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop.
- Cisco Routing & Switching.
- Avaya Phone Systems & Switches
- Dell, HP, IBM and other major IT vendor accreditations.
how will we know things are going great?
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
These will form part of your annual objectives and will include:
- Customer Feedback
- Project delivery to plan
- Technical abilities via accreditation and/or learning and development
- Knowledge Management – quality of data – accurate real time reporting – client communications
What does working at Nexus mean?
We support our customers when they need it so we ensure we have people in the office from 8am to 6pm during the working week (Mon-Fri). We work a rota to ensure there’s sufficient people in to cover this but try to be as flexible as possible, if someone wants to consistently work the 8am shift and it fits with everyone then that’s what we’ll do.
There’s an hour for lunch but again, we can be flexible to some extent. What’s important is that we offer an excellent support service to our customers. If you only want ½ an hour and we can work it into the rota then we will.
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to Nexus Open Systems.
- Work together with all your key stakeholders: line and functional. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on input from these stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the desired culture of continuous improvement (business and people).
In return, we will offer you;
- Full time role with a competitive salary
- Numerous opportunities to learn in a fast moving, forward thinking IT solution provider environment
- Mileage Allowance – currently 45p per mile (for Business use of own vehicle)
- Starting at 23 days Holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 28 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- We even insist that you take your Birthday off, fully paid (in addition to your standard holiday allowance)
- Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Cycle to Work (Salary Sacrifice scheme)
- Nexus Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discounted rates on technology products
- Occasional Pizza bought by the boss and unlimited tea and coffee (and you won’t have to make it every time)
To apply for an advertised vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org